We have been going through a heatwave the last few days, so we decided to make the most of it and make a batch of Ice Paint. This paint reminds me a lot of water color paints, except you don’t need any brushes or water after it is made. The best thing about it is that it is washable!!!
What you will need:
- Large Piece of heavy craft paper
- Tape to secure the paper to the surface of your choice
- Tablespoon and Teaspoon Measuring spoons
- 16 wooden Popsicle sticks
- 1 or 2 ice cube trays
- Washable non-toxic paints
How to make:
- Pour 1 Tablespoon of water into each space of your ice cube tray
- Put 1 teaspoon of paint into each space of your ice cube tray and mix well
- Place a wooden Popsicle stick in each space of your ice cube tray
- Put your filled ice cube tray into the freezer overnight or until frozen solid
- Remove ice paint cubes from the ice cube tray and place in a different container or just leave in the ice cube tray
- Place a large piece of heavy craft paper on your driveway, sidewalk or table and secure with tape.
- Let your kids have fun being creative with the ice paints
Our kids had a lot of fun with this activity. They both loved to put the paint on their hands and make hand prints on the paper.
What are your favorite things to do on hot summer days with your kids? I would love to hear your ideas. Thanks for stopping by and I will talk to you again soon.